Can you upgrade to a passport book if you already have a passport card?

Question from a Reader, Answers in Comments

I got a passport card last year, but now I need a passport book for air travel. Can you simply pay for an upgrade to the passport book, or do you have to go through the process again?

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • TwitThis
Texas Tower provides Passport and Visa services for both individuals as well as businesses-see our full line of services at

Related posts:

  1. What is the difference between a passport book & passport card?
  2. What is the difference between a passport book and a passport card?
  3. Concerned About a Passport Name Correction?
  4. Do I need my passport to travel to EU countries if I have a residence permit card?
  5. When Does a Traveling Toddler Need a Passport?


  1. GP Said,

    You can apply for the passport book by mail using DS-Form 82 [fee $75] and attach your passport card to the application as proof of citizenship and ID. You do not need to go to the post office in person and pay the execution fee [$25] for getting the oath administered again. The passport card will be returned to you by the passport production facility by separate mail.

    Source(s): ..

Add A Comment